The Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GSX) provides Collective Investment Schemes and debt securities access to capital on both its EU regulated market (the GSX Main Market) and self-regulated Multilateral Trading Facility (the GSX Global Market).
GSX provides issuers with a low-cost and fast-to-market route to capital and investors.
GSX admits open-ended and closed-ended Collective Investment Schemes to listing on the Main Market and Global Market.
GSX admits all types of debt securities to listing on both our markets such as corporate bonds, insurance-linked securities, asset-backed securities, project bonds, and derivative securities.
GSX was established in 2012 as a private limited company and complies with the Government of Gibraltar's:
- 2006 Financial Services (Listing Of Securities) Act
- 2007 Financial Services (Investment Exchange) (Rules And Notifications) Regulations
- 2007 Financial Services (Listing Of Securities) Official Listing Rules
- 2016 Market Abuse Act
The purpose of GSX, as defined under the Act is to carry on the controlled activity of establishing and conducting the business of a stock exchange. The specific regulatory objectives of GSX are to:
- protect public interest;
- ensure that Listing Members deal honestly and fairly and have sound finances and management;
- ensure that GSX's business is conducted in an orderly manner so as to afford proper protection to GSX's stakeholders;
- ensure the effective monitoring and enforcement of compliance of Members Firms and listed Securities with its rules; and
- promote and maintain high standards of integrity and fair dealing in the carrying out of the business of a stock exchange in Gibraltar.
Board of Directors
The principal decision making body of GSX is its board of directors. The board of directors is responsible to GSX, Member Firms, and issuers of securities admitted to the Official List, and the public in respect of the smooth operation of the stock exchange and its markets. The Chairman of GSX’s board of directors is a non-Executive Director appointed by the shareholders. GSX’s board of directors have created sub-Committees and have delegated a number of their powers to these Committees for the running of GSX.